Your Right to Dispute Your Bill

If you believe your bill is inaccurate, first call or write Groton Electric Light. You may write to us at 23 Station Avenue, Groton, MA 01450, or telephone us at 978-448-1150. Identify the amount in dispute and explain the reason you believe the bill is in error. If you disagree with the findings of our complaint investigator or you dispute the time over which the amount is to be paid, you may then make an appeal to the Manager of Groton Electric Light.

If you disagree with the Manager’s decision, you may make an appeal to the Groton Electric Light Board of Commissioners either in writing or in person.

If, after receipt of the Board’s decision, you still believe the bill is in error or you still dispute the payment plan, your recourse is to appeal to the Consumer Division of the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities at 1 South Station, Boston, MA 02110, or call them at 1-617-737-2836 or 1-877-886-5066.